Jan 12, 2008

the mark of the beast

I am inaugurating the enacting of my personal blog blog bloggity blog. What a way to start. An introduction: I teach full time as a Lecturer at the University of Toledo: Center for the Visual Arts (Toledo, OH) in Foundations and in Printmaking (hence the name). The purpose of this blog will be to keep interested people interested in my doings in art and to post happenings from my classes at UT. First off "beast of print" (the title of this blog) came from a suggestion from a University of Toledo BFA printmaking student-- thanks Helen Grubb. Either she mumbled "vista print" or my bad hearing picked it up wrong as "beast of print". Either way we agreed the inadvertent title was gold and I decided to sign up ASAP to use it as a blog so nobody else could claim it.

I plan on using this blog to document my Etching class this semester and the amazing printmaking work that they will do. We are planning on having two special events this semester in our course. First, an all day "Print O Rama" where students alternate from artist to artist's assistant/ print technician in shifts at the press, with the expectation of a high print quota. Watch out! Secondly, I am requiring all Etching students to enter into a juried show. So we will use this as a venue for our research and the results.

I also will include related links and postings on art projects I am working on.

No comments: