Jan 23, 2008

Recent Etchings





I will soon post a few works from my etching class just as soon as we have the first crit of the semester (next week). Until then I thought I would post a few of my recent etchings. These prints come from a series of images I am working on in color etching. I have a number of plates that I can interchange-- half have vertical lines etched into them and half have horizontal lines etched and when layered combine to create a pattern similar to (yes) plaid. I love the experimental possibilities in layering different plates and color combinations. I use a more acidic palette and look to create a sort of history in mark-making similar to reclamation (reusing/ recycling).






Also, I posted to the (L/D/L/S) blog dedicated to the group project I am working collaboratively on. The project themed "Love Death Life Soul" Involves 7 International members who will be participating in a three week printmaking residency in August 2008 in Belgium at the Frans Masereel Centrum. It is a great group of artists and I feel lucky (and perhaps out of my league) to be among them. You can click on the links at left to find out more or go to the blog at: http://lovedeathlifesoul.wordpress.com/

No comments: